Feed the Media Webinar Series for Resume Writers & Career Coaches
Insights from a reporter, magazine editor, TV producer, and PR professional on how resume writers and career coaches can get themselves featured on television, in newspapers, magazines, and online media as a free or low-cost way to attract your ideal clients
The media is hungry for stories to help their readers and viewers in their careers. Feed them!
Get more one-to-one clients, attract listeners to your podcast, launch your book, get more readers for your blog, promote an event, recruit members for your LinkedIn group, or just position yourself as an expert! Publicity can do all of these things -- and more! And it doesn't have to cost you a cent. This training will show you not only WHAT to do, but HOW.
• Ever wonder why some career professionals are featured on TV or in magazines -- but you're not?
• Want to learn specific strategies to get newspapers and magazines to write about YOU??
• Learn WHAT to do and HOW to do it -- for free or at a very affordable cost
This webinar series will include two individual training calls and one bonus Q&A call for those who have registered for both training calls. You can choose to register for either or both training calls.
Both training calls include extensive handouts, including templates, checklists and cheat sheets to help you implement the training immediately.
TRAINING CALL #1: Getting Started (Who, What, When, Where, Why) -- What works? Who do you need to contact? When is the best time to make contact and get coverage? Where can you get quoted? Why seek publicity instead of just doing an ad?
TRAINING CALL #2: Advanced Strategies. You have the basics. Now what? Beyond news releases to pitching. How to leverage publicity into more publicity. How sponsored segments work. How to newsjack a story. Tips for TV specifically. Other ideas for getting publicity outside of TV, newspapers, magazines, and radio.
BONUS CALL #3: Question-and-answer call for those registered for both Call #1 and Call #2. What questions do YOU have? Get them answered live!
Training Call #1: Tuesday, Aug. 9 -- 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Central
Training Call #2: Tuesday, Aug. 16 -- 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Central
Bonus Call (Q&A): Tuesday, Aug. 23 -- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Central
The webinar will be presented online via the Join.me platform -- accessible via desktop, laptop, or mobile device (Android, iOS). All calls will be recorded.
About The Program Presenters:
Sean is an award-winning newspaper writer, magazine editor, television producer and PR agency rep who has both pitched and placed stories in major national media, and been on the receiving end of pitches. So he knows what works -- and what doesn't work. Currently, he is a freelance consultant in the cycling industry. From 2010 to 2015, he was the Communications Manager for the BMC Racing Team.
Bridget (Weide) Brooks:
Bridget is a professional resume writer and the co-owner of Image Building Communications in Omaha, Nebraska. She has been writing resumes professionally for more than 20 years. She is also the editor of Resume Writers' Digest and the founder of the BeAResumeWriter.com membership site for career professionals. She has been featured as a career expert in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Omaha World-Herald, Midlands Business Journal and numerous other publications. Bridget graduated summa cum laude with her degree in Public Relations from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Three Registration Options
(the earlier you register, the more you save!):
• SUPER EARLYBIRD Registration for the first 50 registrants: $129 for one training call (either Call #1 or Call #2) OR ONLY $169 for all 3 calls (both training calls and bonus Q&A call) -- only available until 7/26/16
• EARLYBIRD Registration: $149 for one training call (either Call #1 or Call #2) OR $229 for all 3 calls (both training calls and bonus Q&A call) -- only available until 8/2/16
• REGULAR Registration – $179 for one training call (either Call #1 or Call #2) OR $269 for all 3 calls (both training calls and bonus Q&A call)
Can also purchase these add-ons at a significant discount -- if purchased with your registration (before Aug. 2):
• Careers-related media distribution list (TV/Radio/Newspaper/Career Blogs) – $99 (50% off regular price if purchased by Aug. 2)
• Individual one-hour media strategy consultation with Sean and Bridget (recorded, with transcript) – $149 (50% off regular price if booked by Aug. 2)
• Done-for-you news release – $299 (25% off regular price, if booked by Aug. 2)
• "EVERYTHING" Bundle: all three calls, plus the media distribution list, one individual media strategy consultation and one done-for-you news release -- all for $499
Whether you just want to be featured in your local newspaper, or if you want to be recognized as the media's "go to" source for career stories, this is a must-attend webinar series!
Feed the Media Webinar Series